Some Ever-Present Dangers:
- Abrasion against a high-pressure hydraulic line causes a pinhole and leaks atomized hydraulic fluid onto a hot manifold.
- Cardboard, paper and other combustible solids gather behind the hot exhaust manifold in the engine compartment of a trash truck.
- A short occurs in one of the machine's electrical cables, setting the cable insulation on fire.
- Natural Gas or Hydrogen, highly flammable invisible fire hazards, ignite from the accidental discard of a cigarette butt.
- Coal dust ignites from a metal spark.
- A wiring harness near the battery shorts against the vehicle's chassis, melts, and then ignites.
The Amerex Advantage
Fire destroys billions of dollars worth of industrial equipment every year. It causes manpower losses, decreased property value, and in many cases, loss of human lives. Yet few companies fail to properly protect their workers and industrial equipment from its damaging effect. That’s why there is Amerex.
Amerex is one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of fire fighting equipment, with more engineering, manufacturing and quality control experience than anyone else in the industry. We can protect your equipment from fire with a suppression system designed specifically for you.
Whether it is an operator sitting high atop a loader or your children riding in their school bus, Amerex Vehicle Fire Suppression Systems are designed first and foremost to protect human life. Our systems are designed and installed to suppress a fire before it can reach the operator or passenger areas, quickly and efficiently.
Reduce Damage and Down Time
Industrial vehicles are plagued with potential fire hazards. Amerex can effectively identify these hazards and protect your equipment against them with a fixed fire suppression system. Amerex Vehicle Fire Suppression Systems are designed to warn the operator and suppress the fire, protecting both equipment and employees. Our automatic systems suppress the fire in its earliest stages before it becomes fully established and spreads into highly combustible areas. As a result, damage is limited and equipment down time is held to a minimum. Considering the protection provided, these systems are cost efficient. In fact, the cost of installing an Amerex system to protect your equipment can be compared to a penny protecting a ten-dollar bill.
Reduce Insurance Cost
Amerex Vehicle Fire Suppression Systems may make it easier to obtain insurance and also help you to qualify for lower premiums. As the costs of heavy-duty vehicles rise, insurance rates escalate accordingly. Many insurance companies have recognized a reduction in claims paid out due to the presence of a fixed vehicle fire suppression system. The Amerex Vehicle Fire Suppression System will lower your fire risk, which can lower your insurance premiums. The key phrase is “material change of risk.” Ask your insurance agent.