Class K Fire Extinguisher
- Class A:K
Portable Fire Extinguishers: The industry standard since 1971, our commitment to quality, service, and innovation is unmatched. Each product undergoes relentless testing both in-house and with third parties. (See more on our testing process with UL here.) Durable, easy to use, and designed to protect a wide range of environments, we stand behind our fire extinguishers with an extensive manufacturer's warranty.
- 5-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Stored Pressure Design
- Polished Stainless-Steel Cylinders
- All Stainless-Steel Valve Construction
- Exclusive Crevice-Free, Butt-Welded Cylinder
- Tested on Commercial Deep Fat
Fryers to ANSI/UL711 Test Protocol
and Safe to Use on Energized
- Class 2A Rated to Meet Fire Code
Occupancy Hazard Requirements
- Temperature Range +40°F to 120°F
- Factory Charged
- Large Loop Stainless-Steel Pull Pin
- Nozzle Grip Design with 45° Angle
for Easy “Overhead” Application
- Agent Discharged as a Fine Mist– Helps Prevent Grease Splash and
Re-flash While Cooling the Appliance
- Precise Extinguishing Agent Application
- QR Coded and Bilingual Labels
The Amerex Class K Fire Extinguisher is designed to effectively extinguish commercial kitchen fires. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) requires that fire extinguishers provided to protect cooking appliances that involve combustible media (vegetable or animal oils and fats) be labeled and listed for Class K fires. (NFPA 10, subsection 5.5.5) Amerex invented the Class K fire extinguisher and was the first manufacturer to bring the product to commercial kitchens. Each model utilizes a specially blended potassium acetate base agent and has been tested and approved by UL for restaurant kitchen hazards.
The superior firefighting capability of the Wet Chemical agent is placed exactly where you aim it with no dry chemical residue to clean up. This durable Class K fire extinguisher features a steel cylinder and metal valves. The Models B260 and B262 are the ideal “KITCHEN USE” fire extinguishers. They supplement existing cooking equipment automatic system protection for an extra margin of safety.
Download the complete Class K Fire Extinguisher here.